Friday, November 1, 2019

Older Stencils of Mine Coming Back Out to Play

Recently I decided to dust off some older stencils/masks of mine, to see if using them again after a break, might prove to be fun.  It was!

My stencil Mimosa 6 -- happy to be free from its storage envelope! -- went to work in helping create today's first two prints:








Likewise, my 6" x 6" stencil Trivet B came out to see the light of day for the first time in a long time --





Below:  I brought an older print up-to-date by adding a print with my 9" x 12" stencil Facets.  (The older print had featured an image made with my 6" x 6" stencil Pair o' Parrots; but, used in small areas of that print, were prints made with two other 6" x 6" stencils -- Sassy Spray and Pavilion Shadows.)  In using Facets over the original print, I created a "cage" for my two parrots!  



Caged Pals

Below is a detail of an artwork made with my 9" x 12" stencil Blooming Where Planted --




Altho the above image is small, you can click on it for enlargement, to better see detail.

The same goes for the photo below, which shows another painting on stretched canvas.  After cutting my 9" x 12" stencil It's A Jungle Out There into pieces, I gave it heavy use in making multiple imprints, using a variety of colors with acrylic paint -- 





On the image below, it's not easy to make out the subtle imprint I made on another canvas with my 9" x 12" stencil Loopy Ladders ... but it's there.





On that same painting, I also used a 9" x 12" stencil by MaryBeth Shaw --Triangle Transitions 2.  (Can you say that stencil title fast, 3 times in a row??)  Below is a close-up showing this area on the canvas --





In still other areas of the painting, I made another subtle print, with a more recent stencil of mine, the 6" x 6" Sassy Spray --





And in one final area of the artwork, I used 
Loopy Ladders (dark green along the bottom edge, below) and Prayer Flags (in pink) to make 2 more subtle prints --



  

Here's the painting in entirety:





This is not the final version, but the areas of color and subtle pattern have been laid out.  It's ready for final touches/additions.

To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.

To follow this blog by email, please use the Follow by Email option in the right sidebar.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

No comments:

Post a Comment