Monday, September 28, 2020

Sadly for me, this month brings to an end a fantastic online class I've been taking on abstract art-making; the class was given by Jeanette Goulart.  Starting October, I'll join her in another online adventure that she leads, Deep Dive Design.  I invite everyone interested in abstract art-making to check into Deep Dive Design and make sure it's the one offered by Jeanette Goulart, since that title brings up several websites. 

I'm amazed at the number of artworks I've turned out since signing up for the 6-month class now nearing its end....

One of our projects called for further development of pieces that we had already started and had yet to finish.

Below:  Call this one "Before."  It had been previously printed in the center with Artist Trading Card-sized Ski Lift Works, followed by Palm Fronds Silhouette Large (9" x 12") and Palm Fronds Silhouette Small (6" x 6".)






 Below:  Call this one "After." After rotating the background paper, I covered selected areas of the background with a coat of translucent green mixed with zinc white acrylic paints (zinc white being translucent, compared with Titanium White, which is opaque.)  Then I added collage pieces that included a paper printed with the May 2019 StencilGirl Stencil of the Month set.







Below:  One in a series of abstracts created for Jeanette's class; the final touches on this one were prints made with 6" x 6" Palm Fronds Silhouette Small and 4" x 4"Palm Fronds Silhouette Mini.







Below:  Another piece for that online class, this one with an imprint on the upper right that I made using Sassy Spray (6" x 6".)






The finishing touches on the following three artworks are prints made with 6" x 6" Ski Lift Works.


















More of the pieces done during Jeanette's online class will be posted here later.  Thanks for stopping by today!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl masks and stencils, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment