Monday, March 18, 2019

Artist Jill McDowell and Two 6" x 6" Stencils -- PRESSED LEAVES & HERON



Artist Jill McDowell has been busy with her stencil collection!

The star of today's show is the image below -- an altered photo transfer in Jill's art journal.  A stunning image!




Below is the original photo --




What an amazing transformation!  Among the StencilGirl stencils that Jill used in making her magic is my 6" x 6" Pressed Leaves.

Jill used the same stencil in creating the art below --




Not only do I love the two-page journal spread above, but also, the quote has me nodding my head and smiling!

The Pressed Leaves stencil looks like this --




Moving forward ... I have more of Jill's artwork to display!


Other StencilGirl stencils were the art tools Jill used in creating most of the "Inky Birds" above; I'm delighted that for the bottom image, she chose my 6" x 6" stencil Heron. 

Above -- Step One:  Jill held onto the stencil with one hand and with the other, she used the textured bottom of a flip-flop scandal as a rubber stamp.  

And when Jill lifted off the stencil, she was left with the stunning image below!


Above -- Results!

The 6" x 6" Heron stencil looks like this --




Handfuls of thanks to Jill McDowell for letting me use her artwork in today's post!

And my thanks, also, to you for stopping here today!

To scroll thru all my StencilGirl stencils, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment