Friday, March 15, 2019

CLUSTERED LEAVES STENCIL ... and Friends



I love it when someone else's stencil strikes me as a perfect match with one of my own!  This happened when I saw Jamie Fingal's 9" x 12" Leaf Zen Landscape Stencil!  

The scissors came out:  I trimmed Jamie's stencil and cut pieces from my 9" x 12" Clustered Leaves stencil.

Then I brought out the Golden's High Flow acrylics and got to work ... I mean, play!

The technique I used is the same as a technique in the Absentee Artist chapter of Creative Paper Art, a book by Nancy Welch.   And it's demonstrated in Pat Dews' DVD Designing Great Starts with Texture and Form. 




Clustered Leaves was also used by an artist whose last name I have, sadly, lost! -- Christy Anne.  Her artwork appears directly below.  If anyone knows Christy's last name, please leave it in the Comments section, so I can give credit where credit is due!




Another artist -- Dee Spillane -- has used Clustered Leaves in creating the artwork below --




Both of the above artists have shown us how stencils like Clustered Leaves can be art-tools for developing unique backgrounds!

Below are close-ups of a couple of artworks of mine, done on stretched canvas, using cut-apart pieces of Clustered Leaves and Loopy Ladders.  Once again, I've paired Clustered Leaves with another stencil that uses line-work in its overall design .... 
















In a few of these pieces on canvas, I've added pieces of the stencils themselves, cut apart and stained with acrylic paints.

Thanks for stopping by here today!

To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment