Friday, June 11, 2021

Summer's Flowers and Greenery

Once upon a time, it would have bothered me to see a flower printed all in one color -- bloom, stems, leaves and all.  But that was an awfully long time ago.  I got over it!  Clearly, there are many ways to present flowers ...






Above:  Made with 6" x 6" stencil Silhouette of a Wildflower Bouquetprinted over an old encyclopedia page previously coated with pale pink acrylic paint.




"Greenery" need not be green, either!  Below, this collage-built greeting card cover features a print made using "metallic" pink paint and Unfurling Leaves, one of the nine Artist Trading Card-sized stencils (plus bonus masks) that come included in 9" x 12" ATC Mixup Swatton # 1 --











Today's next art sample, below, was printed on glossy black cardstock using my 9" x 12" stencil Queen Anne's Lace and pink acrylic paint.





Above:  Step 1 -- I used a sponge to spread green interference paint across the black cardstock in the areas where the flowers would be printed.  Step 2 -- With a ruler, I drew in 3 pink lines to add drama to the background.  Step 3 -- I applied pink-tinted molding paste thru the stencil.  Step 4 -- After the molding paste had dried, I added darker pink to some areas of the flowers and stems. 










Above:  Created in 2 steps with 9" x 12" Prayer Flags stencil  and 9" x 12" stencil Branching Blossoms Silhouette.










Above:  A collage created with cut-outs from papers printed using 9" x 12" mask Garden Montage.





Below is another greeting card cover made using a cut-out from a Garden Montage print..  The vertical strip along the left edge was cut from paper printed with 6" x 6" Sprigs.













Next up:  a sheet of Yupo (a synthetic substrate) dyed with "bleeding" tissue papers and -- this time -- I've used the entire 9" x 12" mask Garden Montage:






Above:  the speckled look comes from my spraying the surface with water while the dye from the tissue had dried completely.  To learn about dyeing substrates using "bleeding tissue," check here -- https://fb.watch/4f7dsOc2r8/

 







Above:  Printed with Mikki's Flowers stencil (6" x 6"), which comes with a matching mask. Here the background is a page from an old encyclopedia that came with a floral illustration.








Above:  Printed with 6" x 6" stencil Quilted Flower Garden.







Above:  Made with 6" x 6" stencil Swatton Flowers Version 1.  Background: a page from an old encyclopedia that featured a botanical illustration.









Above:  6" x 6" Heron stencil printed over paper previously printed with 9" x 12" stencil Blooming Where Planted (which features abstracted versions of flowers.)








Above:  Created with 6" x 6" stencil Tiger Lily.




Thanks for visiting my blog today!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.

Announcement:  Because the Feedburner team has released a system update, the email subscription service will be discontinued.  After July 2021, the automated emails to blog subscribers will no longer be supported.

If you want to continue subscribing to this blog by email, please leave a Comment that gives your email address.  Comment options are given at the end of each blog post.  Since I have Comment Moderation, I can read comments but prevent them from being published on the blog.  In other words, your email addresses will not appear here on my blog.  Rather, I will be collecting them and creating my own private list.  

I do not sell anyone's email address, period.  I don't like it when mine gets sold and I try to live by the Golden Rule!  

No comments:

Post a Comment