Tuesday, October 20, 2020

 6" x 6" LOVE may at first glance appear to be a stencil that can be used only one way, since it's text, not an abstract image or a representational image -- but ...






... I've experimented in several directions.  One of those adventures has been in making double- and triple-prints.





The double print above started on 12" x 12" scrapbook paper that had come in pale green with a stylized flowery pattern.

I continued making LOVE prints atop one another ....






Until I switched to using another 6" x 6" stencil, Quilted Flower Garden --






And after using Quilted Flower Garden twice, I decided to stop.  For the time being, at least, the piece looks like this:






I may very well come back in with one final print of LOVE, thus bringing the word back into readable focus.  If I do, I'll make that print in bright, opaque white acrylic paint.  (Titanium White by Golden Paints is my favorite.)

More experiments happen when I bring my prints into Photoshop and blend them digitally.  

My first digital foray started with the below print, made on watercolor paper using LOVE alongside 6" x 6" Sassy Spray and 6" x 6" Looking Up Through Trees Small. (Both Sassy Spray and Looking Up Through Trees Small had been previously cut from their original square frames.)






The digital blend created this image:






Above:  The overlay print of purple LOVE had started as a separate print, looking like this --






-- and I'd made that print using part of my 9" x 12" stencil Boxed Vines.  Its background paper was glossy cardstock monoprinted with water-diluted purple acrylic paint.  This type of monoprinting is called decalcomania.


In its entirety, Boxed Vines looks like this:





And Sassy Spray looks like this before being cut from its 6" x 6" frame --






And, before being cut from its 6" x 6" frame, Looking Up Through Trees Small looks like this:






My sincere thank-you for coming to check out my blog today!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.  To follow this blog by email, please use that option in the upper right sidebar.  Coming up soon:





Thanks to the magic of photo-altering programming!


Thank you for coming here to my blog today!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.  To follow this blog by email, please use that option in the upper right sidebar.


No comments:

Post a Comment