Sunday, November 1, 2020

 I couldn't resist playing some more with Photoshop and prints I'd made using my StencilGirl masks and stencils.

Today's first art sample, below, started with my 6" x 6" Trivet C --






-- and heavy-bodied gloss gel into which I had mixed sand.  After I'd spread this mixture thru the openings, my results were a surface with roughly raised areas of color defining the design.

Because those areas were 3-dimensional, rough, and uneven, it would have been impossible to continue with hands-on art-making in any attempt to add another layer  print on top, either with paint or with collage.

But thanks to the magic of photo-editing software -- in my case, Photoshop -- it was possible to digitally merge the a photo of that imprint with a print created using my new 6" x 6" stencil LOVE :







My next digital experiment had the results below; here is a case wherein the digitally created image could be created just as well with hands-on art-making:  a simple collage. 






Above:  The background was created using paper embossed with a portion of my 9" x 12" Garden Montage, shown below.










Above:  A LOVE print digitally added to a print made with my  mask Sprigs.  In this case, Photoshop enabled me to shrink the LOVE print to fit inside a frame.  In reality both stencils measure 6" x 6".

Sprigs looks like this --








Today's next piece of digital art looks like a simple collage:







Above: The LOVE print stars in the leading role here; and in the lower right background rests the supporting actor -- paper printed with part of my 9" x 12" mask Twinship, which looks like this....



 




Below is the last of today's digitally created art samples:








The background above was created with my 9" x 12" stencil Vintage Script.  I chose that background to digitally merge with this LOVE print because I'd originally made this print on commercially available paper that came pre-printed with vintage script.

Vintage Script looks like this --







I encourage all hands-on stencil-users to try making digital combinations on phones or PCs.  It leaves the original prints totally intact while at the same time developing new imagery.  That's fun!

Thanks a bunch for stopping here at my blog today!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment