Tuesday, November 10, 2020

 Christmas is still way ahead of us, but since many of us are still in lockdown or semi-lockdown, I'm wondering whether there may be a renewal in the popularity of making and sending Christmas cards.  It's something I enjoy doing every year, pandemic or no pandemic.

Thinking outside the box, I've come to realize I can make Christmas cards using many stencils and masks that, at first glance, may not appear "Christmassy."

I've taken to adding bookmarks; little somethings to include inside those Christmas cards.  

The bookmark below was cut from a red-and-white print made using my 9" x 12" Winter Berries Mask.  The spacing of the lines and balls seemed perfect for this image.  The gold and silver Dresden embossed foil embellishments are available from several Etsy shops.






Today's second and third Christmas bookmarks were made with one of the 9 stencils included with my 9" x 12" ATC Mixup Swatton 2 ....









I used the same stencil for both penguin prints, flipping the stencil before making the second print.  I used scraps of red and white paper to add the Christmas touches.

Below is a Christmas card cover decorated with a "tree" printed with Ferns 6 Stencil (6" x 6") and Golden Acrylics Gold Mica Flake (Small) as well as red glitter glue from Ranger Industries.



The Christmas card below, made on metallic silver cardstock, was cut from another print -- this time, 9" x 12" Mimosa Stencil.






Thanks for visiting my blog!  If you would like to follow it by email, please set yourself up in the right sidebar.

To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please visit here.


No comments:

Post a Comment