Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Before going into today's technique for using stencils or masks, I'll show a sneak-peak of my new stencil coming out November 13.  (No, I don't believe Friday the 13th is bad luck ... in fact I don't believe in luck at all.)








Now on to today's topic!

Everyone welcomes a Christmas gift made with love!

Today's gift-making project is a flower pot decorated with part of my 9" x 12" Boxed Vines.

I decided to use spray paint.  Many spray paints would work for this; my choice was acrylic inks applies thru my Pat Dews mouth atomizer.  (Click on this link to watch a demo on using this atomizer, sold online at Cheap Joe's Art Supplies.)

My flower pot is 5" in diameter -- I don't recommend trying to use this stencil on anything smaller.  The horizontal top section --







-- of 
Boxed Vines is exactly the right size to nicely fit around a 5-inch-in-diameter flower pot. 

With masking tape, I secured the stencil to the flower pot:












Above:  the back view of the upside-down flower pot, stencil attached with masking tape.

Below:  the front view of the pot now turned right-side-up.











First, I sprayed with green acrylic ink.

When that layer had dried, I sprayed a top layer of metallic blue acrylic ink.

Once the second layer was dry, I peeled off the stencil and repeated the same two steps on the other side of the flower pot. 

While I had the spraying gear out, I used it on textured foil paper, spraying lightly over the same area of 9" x 12" 
Boxed Vines.

Below:  the finished flower pot.










 


The "catch-all" paper from beneath the pot turned out to be pretty enough to keep --












-- for a future art project.


Thanks for visiting my blog today!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl masks and stencils, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment