Monday, February 15, 2021

Today's post brings forward a circle theme, circles being one of my favorite designs.  One connotation of this shape is that it suggests completeness; and I like the way that concept fits in my head.

First, I'll show the early stages of a simple painting on stretched canvas that I've titled The Moon is Out Tonight.  In those early stages, it was developed with several applications of my 6" x 6" Marbles 6 Stencil s080 ....








The early stages --








Below:  The painting's final layers were painted using Flower Pot Mask L398, designed by Suzi Dennis, and Tottering Shapes s806, designed by Cat Kerr --








Today's second art sample, below, is a mixed-media piece on watercolor paper.  The first photo below shows it still taped to the backing board that I use for painting watercolor papers.  To its left, I've taped my 6" x 6" Trivet A s166This mask was used in subtle ways as I worked toward creating a more complex image than what I'd achieved in today's first painting, above.








Below, I've used green to outline the two areas in this mixed-media piece that were created with subtle use of Trivet A s166:








Trivet A s166 looks like this --







-- and it is one in a series of trivet stencils and masks that I've designed, all available at StencilGirlProducts.

Thank you for coming to check my blog today!  To scroll thru my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here

No comments:

Post a Comment