Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Abstract Composition Backbones Masks 1 - 4 (s864 - s867) were StencilGirl releases back in March, but I continue to explore ways to use them.  Some of my approaches are similar to older ideas while others are variations that push into new territory.



Above:  Having cut s864 free from its outer frame, I now use masking tape to secure it to a sheet of "catch-all" paper (scrap paper previously used to "catch" leftover acrylic paints as the first step in cleaning brushes; this avoids too much leftover acrylic paint going down the drain and polluting our environment.)

  



Above:  I do the same with s865.






Above:  I do the same with s866.



Above:  My second step with s864 has been to use an applicator sponge to cover the background in a cruciform shape with black, white and blended black-white acrylic paints  A small amount of muted green has been blended into some of the gray areas.


Above:  I do the same with s865.



Above:  I do the same with s866.




Below, I have lifted s864 from the paper to reveal the pattern that remains....








Above:  I do the same with s865.




Above:  I do the same with s866.







Coming back now to s864, I begin to add accent lines using green and yellow markers....












Above:  I do the same with s865.







Above:  I do the same with s866.





And now I call them finished, ready to be secured into mats and covered in acetate sleeves.  My plan is to enter them in the Portfolios category of the Canterbury Art Festival in 2022.  Normally I would have entered them in the 2021 show, but as it turns out, 2022 will be better.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.

Note:  The Feedburner team has discontinued its option for receiving my blog posts via their email subscription.   

To subscribe to this blog by email, please leave a Comment giving your email address.  Comment options are provided at the end of each blog post.  Since I have Comment Moderation, I can read comments but keep them from being published on the blog.  So your email addresses will not appear here on my blog.  Rather, I will be collecting them and adding them to my private emailing list thru Yahoo Email. I do not sell anyone's email address, period.  I don't like it when mine gets sold and I live by the Golden Rule! 

2 comments: