Thursday, October 14, 2021

Stencil- and Mask-Decorated Giftwrap

What special occasions and celebrations do you have coming up?  Why not get out your stencils -- and start your festivities on paper?

November 15, my daughter and son-in-law will be giving me a grandson! 

So of course I wanted at least some of my gifts wrapped in paper I've stencil-decorated ....

I started with a roll of heavy foil giftwrap bought years ago at a dollar store.  It was high-quality paper that had gone awry while passing thru the factory's printing process, so instead of being printed with wedding wishes as intended, it was printed with the scattered, faint scraps of white paint shown below.  It begged to be printed with heavy-body acrylic paint, in a baby boy color!










Lined up below are my masks and stencils that, to my eye, said "baby boy."





Top: Hot Air Balloon and Mask Mini M185 (4" x 4")...second from top:  6" x 6" Penguin Family s393 ... third from the top (and at the bottom):  Hot Air Balloon and Mask s547 (6" x 6")...second from bottom:  6" x 6" LOVE s828.




Below is a shot of the line-up receiving its coat of heavy-body pastel blue acrylic paint, via a sponge brayer --












Above:  The first lineup has been printed; stencils and masks have been moved to the next row, ready for printing.






After printing one full sheet with the sponge brayer, I switched to spray paint.  

Before spraying, I added a layer of Titanium White to hide the original background -- so that pastel blue spray paint would stand out better.  A close-up of one print is below:





Above:  spray-printed with Hot Air Balloon and Mask s547 (6" x 6")





Below:  a view of the back of the giftwrapped baby present.  Penguin Family s393 had made the image that my daughter liked the best.....











Below:  The front of the gift --









My thanks for your coming to check out my blog today!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl masks and stencils, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment