Wednesday, December 8, 2021

3 More Christmas Cards

I've challenged myself to use earlier/"old" mask- and stencil-printed papers -- regardless of their original design -- to make new Christmas cards.  

What's put teeth into this adventure has been Paper Wishes stickers.  AmazonSmile has been my place to buy them but they may well be available elsewhere.






The surface decoration of the above card started with glossy black cardstock.  I loaded a sponge brayer with metallic silver acrylic paint and ran the brayer down the middle of the black cardstock.  

On separate white paper, I placed one of the nine Artist Trading Card-sized stencils included in 9" x 12" ATC Mixup Swatton # 1 L768.  (I find it easier to use these stencils and masks when I cut the 9" x 12" sheets into nine pieces.)  Inside the stencil of the hot air balloon, I sprayed blue paint, spattering it on the white original color.

Using fine detail scissors from Fiskars, I cut out the hot air balloon and glued it (with a UHU glue stick) to the silver area on the black cardstock.  With bigger scissors, I trimmed the cardstock to fit on a 6" x 6" fold-over greeting card blank.  (The 6" x 6" size is getting hard to find.  My original source, JAMPaper, is phasing out that size.)

The finishing touches were Paper Wishes snowflake stickers.

The Christmas card below ....





... sports similar stickers, enhancing the print I'd made using the penguin stencil that's included in 9" x 12" ATC Mixup Swatton #2 L769.  (This print was made on a piece of sturdy white cardstock previously spattered at random with blue and purple watercolors.)  The background white paper with decorative edges is found here.

Below:  This print started with a sturdy sheet of red paper that I brushed randomly using metallic silver acrylic paint.  Atop the silver surface, I made a print with black acrylic paint and 6" x 6" Bonsai Tree s198I used decorative scissors to trim the red paper to the 5" x 7" size of the cover of a red fold-over greeting card blank.  Once again, Paper Wishes stickers supplied the glitz.





Thanks for checking out my blog today!  To scroll thru my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment