Friday, March 30, 2018

Chop-Shop Time with MIMOSA 6, IT'S A JUNGLE OUT THERE, PRAYER FLAGS & PALM FRONDS SILHOUETTE SMALL


I've posted before about the fun I have when I cut up stencils that are stained from earlier art projects, then use them in collage on canvas.  Well, I've done it again ...




To create the frame on this 12" x 12" stretched canvas, I used Golden High Flow acrylics and the following stencils:

Mimosa 6 (6" x 6")

It's a Jungle Out There (9" x 12")

Prayer Flags (9" x 12")

Palm Fronds Silhouette Small (6" x 6")

I covered the central area of the canvas with a layer of Titanium White acrylic paint, to provide a bright white background for the cut-up, stained stencils.  Once the paint was dry, I used gel matte medium to add the stencil bits -- except for Palm Fronds Silhouette Small, which I used in its entirety.

With the exception of Mimosa 6the stained pieces that became collage elements are all of the stencils listed above.

The cut-up stencils used in today's post looked like this, originally --


Above (9" x 12"):  It's a Jungle Out There

Above:  Prayer Flags (9" x 12")

And Mimosa 6, used in making the border, looks like this:





Mimosa 6 measures 6" x 6" and has a big cousin measuring 9" x 12" --



Above:  Mimosa Stencil (9" x 12")

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

To see the multiple pages of my 70+ StencilGirl stencils, please check here.

No comments:

Post a Comment