Tuesday, April 17, 2018

9" x 12" Stencils THISTLES & PRAYER FLAGS


I created this piece while taking an online class with Joan Fullerton

Part of Joan's painting process involves using stencils.  So in developing the background for today's piece, I used Prayer Flags stencil, shown here:





When it came time to build up a focal area in the painting, I chose another 9" x 12" stencil, Thistles --





-- but, rather than use the stencil as-is, with spaces between flowers and stalks, I decided I wanted an overlapping image.

So I used this stencil three times, lifting after each imprint.  After giving each imprint time to dry, I placed the stencil back onto the same area, bringing the images together ... the way they would appear if this were a bouquet being held in someone's hand.

The result:






To check out all of my StencilGirl stencils, please visit the web-pages that start here.


Thanks for visiting here today!


No comments:

Post a Comment