Tuesday, May 7, 2019

9" x 12" Stencils BRANCHING BLOSSOMS SILHOUETTE and VINTAGE SCRIPT


My 9"x 12" Branching Blossoms Silhouette Stencil is often called "The Tree" because ... well, it looks like one!  I've even started to call it "The Pseudo-Tree" myself ...




Below, I'm posting the first in a series of close-up photos that show a work-in-progress on canvas.  (Note:  in the background and on the upper right are underlying prints made with the 9'x 12" stencil Letter Mania, designed by Suzi Dennis.)




Next phase ... adding green:




Next phase:  added a whole lot of green!--




Next phase ... Here is the entire canvas, showing that I've now toned down the green and used part of another 9"x12" stencil, Vintage Script: 




By the time I had gone this far in the process, I was wishing I had left the left side in its original condition (as shown in the top photo close-up) but there was no going back.  All I could do was move forward and hope to make the best of things.  (Can anyone else relate to this??)

Much later, I finished the canvas with the prints shown in the close-ups below:








Thanks for visiting!  To scroll thru the pages of all my StencilGirl stencils, please start here.  To subscribe to this blog by email, please use that option in the upper right sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment