Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Oh how I love mimosa!  The seasonal blooms -- each looking like a ballerina's pink tutu -- and the wonderful symmetry of the leaves that line the branches! 

I developed two StencilGirl stencils to celebrate this love, one 6" x 6" and the other 9" x 12".  It was the 6" x 6" Mimosa that I used in developing the background below ... 





... and I created the pink-and-blue collage element with my 9" x 12" stencil Garden Montage.

Below is a print made with my 9" x 12" Mimosa and another 9" x 12" stencil, TwinshipI like the way these two patterns blend-- 





Today's third image isn't nearly as calm as the one above!  It was developed with molding paste as a bottom layer; after that dried, I went over it with acrylic paints and gels in a lively combination of colors.



Above:  created with 6" x 6" Mimosa

My next one brings us back to the subtle look.  The print below was made with my 9" x 12" Mimosa Stencil.   






I want to show another creation that was developed with molding paste as the first step.  After I used an art spatula to spread the paste thru the 6" x 6" Mimosa stencil, I set it aside to dry.  Later, I used Art Bar water-soluble crayons followed by matte acrylic gel -- 





Many thanks for visiting here today!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment