Sunday, July 5, 2020

Still More Birds from Stencils


I've always admired the graceful silhouettes of all birds; today, my focus is on parrots -- in particular, art I've created using my 6" x 6" stencil Pair O' Parrots....




Since I love making greeting cards, I traced the shapes of my two Pair O' Parrots onto dark blue paper, cut  out the traced silhouettes, and glued them, one each, to two cards previously printed with Garden at Nemours, a 6" x 6" mask of mine.  In making those two prints (with yellow-green acrylic paint onto blue greeting card blanks) I used Garden at Nemours on one side, then on its opposite side.  I was pleased with the way that a simple flip so greatly changed the overall image, despite both of them being the same size and made of the same two colors.









I took off in a new direction when I used my 6" x 6" stencil Pair O' Parrots stencil in making the below print on paper torn from an old encyclopedia.  I chose this page because it formed a ready-made bird-themed background --






More prints made with Pair O' Parrots  (as well as my 6" x 6" stencil Heronwere included in this recent post, which contains a step-by-step tutorial on combining bird imagery with abstract imagery.


And to close out today's post, here are 3 additional greeting cards made with Pair O' Parrots....



Pair O' Parrots 6" x 6" stencil



Above:  After the acrylic paint had dried on the greeting card above, I drew in a flower and a bow-tie so this card can go out to a newly engaged couple.

Below:  Here I flipped the two bird images around, in making a second greeting card--



Pair O' Parrots 6" x 6" stencil



A third greeting card was made on dark bronze metallic cardstock (JAMPaper.com).  For this card, I used metallic silver acrylic paint:





Pair O' Parrots 6" x 6" stencil

A sincere thank-you for taking time to check out my blog today!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.