Friday, January 8, 2021

 More "odds and ends" from 2020 that I want to show, while moving ahead into the new year:


First up, below, is a collage I created in a 6-month-long online workshop that I started nearly a year ago.  Jeanette Goulart was our class leader; I highly recommend her as a teacher!  This collage incorporated a subtle use of stencils.  I'll highlight those with green shapes in today's second photo....







Above:  In this over-large photo you can see the areas where I used transparent (Zinc) white acrylic paint to make subtle textures along some edges to help merge them better into the white background.  Stencil used:  6" x 6" Swatton Grid Stencil --





Below:  This is one of two collages that incorporate papers cut from a print I'd made using acrylic blue paint with my 9" x 12" mask Clustered Leaves:





In its entirety, my 9" x 12" mask Clustered Leaves looks like this--





Below is another collage -- this one still in progress -- that incorporates more papers cut from that blue print:






Above:  Four other stencil-printed papers (top right, center left, center and bottom right) were cut from a sheet made with my 9" x 12" Palm Fronds Silhouette Large using acrylic paints topped with art crayon shadings.

Below are two prints developed using my 6" x 6" Garden at Nemours Mask....










Above:  This illustrates how much fun it is to use magazine ad graphics as backgrounds!  Below:  By way of Photoshop magic, the above print was flipped horizontally and combined with a photo that I'd taken of my work surface after a wild painting session! 






Thank you for coming to check out my blog today!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.  To follow this blog by email, please use that option in the upper right sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment