Tuesday, January 5, 2021

 "Odds 'n' Ends" is an umbrella title that I pin to a post that gathers art samples culled from a variety of stencil-print approaches, and clump them together.  Time for that now!

Starring in today's clump:  6" x 6"  Garden at Nemours Stencil S844.








Above:  This double print was done on photo paper originally printed with an orange design, then spattered with orange paint.

Below:  I made this stencil-print on a page from an old encyclopedia that had a central botanical image.  Before using the stencil, I framed that central image with generous widths of dark green acrylic paint....











Below:  The base for this double print was an ad in an old magazine.  Using a "found" background is half the fun!









Below is a mixed-media collage that had begged me to add more layers of paint.  I turned the base around when adding the stenciled layers, going for a mostly abstract look.  It kind of reminds me of the kind of print on a Hawaiian shirt!











Below:  Once again, the base for this double print was an ad in an old magazine.  



























Above:  This stencil-print was made on a multi-layered background.  One of these background elements (visible in the upper left) was a print made with my 6" x 6" Looking Up Through Trees Small.

Below:  Yet another print made using Garden at Nemours Stencil S844 on the page of an old magazine.  But this time around, I had used acrylic paint to mute out most of the background imagery, while retaining its colors.












Below:  This print, like the one at the top of this post, was done on photo paper originally printed with an orange design, then spattered with orange paint.














Below:  A second example of a print made on a page from an old encyclopedia, with the goal of having a background that includes at least  one botanical image.  Before making my print, I ran a paint-loaded brayer down the middle of the page.  After making that print, I sprinkled the whole page with yellow paint to tie the foreground in with the background.














Today's final art sample, a double print, was made on yet another colorful page from an old magazine.  Before making the 2 prints, I used acrylic paint to alter some areas on that magazine paper.










Thanks a lot for taking time to stop here and scroll down thru these prints made with 6" x 6" Garden at Nemours Stencil S844!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, pleases start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment