Monday, September 20, 2021

My stencil Swaying Grasses s276, inspired by the autumn season, has helped me develop ideas for greeting card covers, art journal pages, etc.  The first art sample below started with a round handmade stencil that seemed just the right size for filling with pale yellow heavy-body acrylic paint -- and voila!  It created a heavy moon hanging in the background.





Above: The background is a 6" x 6" greeting card blank from JAMPaper.com.  







Above:  A print made with 6" x 6" stencil Swaying Grasses s276 on an old encyclopedia page that has botanical illustrations.  Heavy-body orange acrylic paint was the medium used.












Above:  The original background was scrapbooking paper.  My first step was to use a handmade circular stencil with indigo heavy-body acrylic paint in creating a large circular backdrop.  While that paint was still wet, I added a print with Swaying Grasses s276 by using a narrow stylus to trace around the stencil openings; I had to work fast to scrape out the lines before the indigo paint dried.  The top-layer print was made using part of my 9" x 12" stencil Queen Anne's Lace L229.









Below: This multi-layer print was created using a circular 8-inch Gelli Plate.  Before using Swaying Grasses s276, I made a lighter print using hand-cut vine-and-leaf masks. (These homemade vine-and-leaf designs were the original inspiration for my 9" x 12" stencil Boxed Vines L247.) 














 Above:  The same 8-inch Gelli Plate was used in making this multi-layer print.  The bottom-layer print (faint, green) was made with my 6" x 6" stencil Pressed Leaves s277Over that, I made a print using 6" x 6" Swaying Grasses s276.  The final, top-layer print was made using part of 9" x 12" Boxed Vines L247. 










Above:  Swaying Grasses s276, paired with heavy-body acrylic orange paint, made this print on foreign newsprint that had been roughly brushed with leftover blue and green acrylic paints.



Thanks for coming to check out my blog today!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment