Friday, October 14, 2022

Early Start for Making Christmas Decorations

 





The Christmas card cover shown above was a challenge to photograph because of its foil base, which reflected everything in sight.  (Can you tell I was wearing blue when I shot this?)  


The quick, easy steps I took to make the card follow ....








I chose my (much-used and paint-stained) 9"x12" stencil Boxed Vines and self-adhesive foil sheets as shown above.








Next, I measured off a section of foil to fit the blank greeting card.  I used a stylus for this step, as well as the following steps, but a ballpoint pen would work.










The red circle above spotlights one of the areas where I have used the stylus to draw indented shapes into the foil (which has been placed under the stencil.)  The openings in the stencil were my guide.  Below is a close-up showing a larger version of these outlined shapes. 







Below:  The stencil has been lifted off the foil. 

  





Below are 2 close-ups showing glitter glue that I used to outline some of the embedded shapes:














The last steps were to cut this section of the foil off from the full sheet, then to peel off the self-adhesive backing and press it to the greeting card blank that's shown at the top of this post.







Thanks for visiting here today!  To scroll thru the pages of my masks and stencils at StencilGirlProducts.com, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment