Sunday, March 7, 2021

Exploration 4: One-step and Two-step Prints with Abstract Composition Backbones Masks

 I've made a variety of prints using Abstract Composition Backbones Masks s864, s865, s866 and s867.  Some have found their way into collages and other artworks; others are spread out across my studio/office waiting for inspiration to take them farther.

One print in particular started life looking like this:







I made the above print using Abstract Composition Backbones Mask 4 s867, on a picture calendar page previously painted with green acrylic -- then sprinkled with water while still wet, and blotted with paper toweling, thus letting dots of the original blues shine thru.

After that first print dried, I added several more:








The additional layers above were made using Abstract Composition Backbones Mask 1 s864, multiple times, and Abstract Composition Backbones Mask 4 s867, one more time.  (These masks have been cut free from their original 6" x 6" masks.  So have the other masks used in developing the art samples to follow.)





Above:  I made this print using Abstract Composition Backbones Mask 4 s867, before cutting it from its original frame.  The background paper is another page from an out-of-date picture calendar.




Above:  Abstract Composition Backbones Mask 1 s864 was the mask I used here; likewise, this print was done before I'd cut the mask free from its original 6" x 6" frame.  Its background paper is an abstract Photoshop artwork I'd created long ago and printed on printer paper.
 








The print above was made, once again, with a layered combination of Abstract Composition Backbones Mask 1 s864 and Abstract Composition Backbones Mask 4 s867.  I used a sponge  brayer loaded with heavy-body acrylic paint, but similar results can be achieved using a Gelli Plate.

And it was  Abstract Composition Backbones Mask 4 s867 that I grabbed to make this double-print on watercolor paper:








Abstract Composition Backbones Masks 1, 2, 3 and 4 look like this --



s864



s865


s866


s867


  

Thanks for coming to check out my blog today!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl masks and stencils, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment