Friday, May 14, 2021

 The synthetic substrate Yupo is a sheet of plastic that comes in tablets as well as a choice of thicknesses per sheet.  

Recently I pulled out a sheet with plans to explore its slippery surface in combination with some of my Abstract Composition Backbones Masks; and in this experiment, I used masks that I'd cut free from their original 6" x 6" frames.

Basically what I did was to, step-by-step, layer after layer, pour wet media onto the Yupo, with my customized masks included with each additional wet layer.  (I allowed the Yupo to dry between layers.)  The wet media:

1.  acrylic paints thinned with a mixture of water and matte medium liquid

2  Brusho dry powdered pigment spritzed with water.  

 

Layer/Step 1:



Above:  When this first layer had dried, I added linework with a permanent marker.  As the project moved forward, the marker line more or less disappeared.



Layer/Step2:







Layer/Step3:




Above:  This is where I should have stopped.  But I went on to add white outlined areas with a pump-style white acrylic marker/pen....



Layer/Step 4:






What you see directly above is the way the piece looks now.  I regret the white outlining but it's permanent, unless I were to try rubbing it with rubbing alcohol, but this would remove the paint layers underneath.

Having painted myself into a corner, so to speak, I'm considering adding more layers of translucent acrylic paint, filling in each of the marked-off sections with something slightly different from its next-door neighbors.

Abstract Composition Backbones Masks 1, 2, 3 and 4 look like this --



s864



s865


s866


s867


  

Thanks for stopping by today!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl masks and stencils, please start here.

Announcement:  Because the Feedburner team has released a system update, the email subscription service will be discontinued.  After July 2021, the automated emails to blog subscribers will no longer be supported.

If you want to continue subscribing to this blog by email, please leave a Comment that gives your email address.  Comment options are given at the end of each blog post.  Since I have Comment Moderation, I can read comments but prevent them from being published on the blog.  In other words, your email addresses will not appear here on my blog.  Rather, I will be collecting them and creating my own private list.  

I do not sell anyone's email address, period.  I don't like it when mine gets sold and I try to live by the Golden Rule!  

No comments:

Post a Comment