Monday, November 1, 2021

I've seen 73 Christmasses come and go -- that's a long time to become familiar with the traditional designs!  My eyes feel hungry to see something new.   Whether I'm making my own Christmas cards, like the ones shown here, or buying readymade cards, it's always the unusual design that will catch my eye.   

Altho I'm always drawn to the cards that are different, I usually stick with the traditional red, green, metallic silver and metallic gold.  I feel that it's actually more important than ever to use  traditional colors:  Because they have long been associated with Christmas, they give the viewer automatic orientation, despite beyond-the-norm designs.




Above:  6"X6" card made using my 6"X 6" stencil Bamboo Wall s197 







Above:  6" x 6" card printed with my 6" x 6" stencil Bonsai Tree s198. 






Above:  6" x 6" card made using 6" x 6" stencil Budding Branches s249






Above:  5" x 7" card printed with my 6" x 6" stencil Bonsai Tree s198.  The original card blank was solid red.  Before using the stencil, I roughly brushed the central area with acrylic silver metallic paint.






Above:  5"x7" card made with my 9"X 12" stencil Vintage Script L267. After this photo was taken, I added the message "Merry Christmas" printed on a small piece of white paper.





Above: card created using a print made with 4" x 4" Fern Fronds Silhouette Mini M051





Thank you for stopping by today!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and designs, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment