Monday, January 17, 2022

Professionally and domestically, it really is a whole new year for me, a year of transition.  

When my beautiful grandson was born, November 16, 2021, my transition began.

This New Year month, half over, has already launched me into a new, two-pronged direction ... a setting aside of time to spend with my grandson (which includes a lot of traveling) and a return to developing large-scale abstract paintings and collages.

Never one to make New Year's resolutions, nevertheless I've made one this year by returning to something I had forsaken way too long ago:  the everyday practice of private journal-writing.

I've used two mask prints to decorate the cover of one of my several new journals.  Both prints were made with heavy body acrylic paints using 9" x 12" Garden Montage L652.  This is by far the simplest journal cover I've ever made ...






... but its simplicity is significant to me. 

I will continue making blog posts "for some little while," to quote one of my (fun-loving) neighbors.  I may even make it to the end of 2022, but if not, that's okay with me too.

To scroll thru the pages of my stencils and masks at StencilGirl Products, please start here -- and thank you for having joined me here at my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment