Friday, July 22, 2022

Introducing Kate Word's Latest Artwork!

For the gorgeous artwork launching today's post, I'm afloat on clouds to introduce a new artwork by Texas artist Kate Word.  

This time, Kate's choice of substrate was a round convex gallery wrap canvas from Jerry's Artarama. I'm going to try these canvases myself because, as the photo below shows, the result packs quite a visual punch....



Above:  I'm really appreciating the way this convex presentation combines with its "North Pole" of white and near-white.  In my eyes, this combination creates a luminosity to delight the senses.


If you remember my earlier post showcasing the work of this extraordinary artist, you'll immediately notice -- and stand in awe, as I did -- that Kate's work has increased in complexity, delighting and entertaining the attention of viewers who'll find it hard to look elsewhere. 

Kate's first step was to use several stencils and masks from StencilGirlProducts.com in printing papers for inclusion in this multi-layered collage. 

The most prominent of these include 9" x 12" Circular Patterns for Play L411, designed by Carolyn Dube; 9" x 12" Longwood Florals Stencil L676 and the 3-piece StencilClub Stencil-of-the-Month set of May 2019.  The latter two were my design.

If you're like me, you'll want to gaze at this artwork all day!

Once you can tear your eyes away, I'll continue this post with a few much more modest collages of my own, small collages created as greeting card covers.  Two of them may look familiar from long-ago posts of mine, but these have been updated/dressed up with the help of stencil-printed paper-covered crafter's wooden hearts. After being covered with stencil-printed paper, each of these wooden hearts gives a greeting card a three-dimensional crowning element.











The papers used in assembling these three greeting cards were printed with these masks and stencils:

9" x 12" Palm Fronds Silhouette Large L791

6" x 6" Palm Fronds Silhouette Small s238

6" x 6" Sprigs s523

6" x 6" Ivy Frame 6 Stencil s096

6" x 6" Kaleid s085


As always, my gratitude is heartily extended to Kate Word and to you, my readers, for checking out my blog today. To scroll thru the pages of my stencils and masks at StencilGirlProducts.com, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment