Saturday, July 9, 2022

My Way to Store Stencils

When you start collecting stencils, you quickly learn is that storing them means their demand to be separated from one another.  Without separation, stencils can easily tangle, and getting them apart has to be done slowly and carefully to reduce damage.

I like the 3-ring bonder approach because it lets me slide each stencil into a transparent page protector, and the built-in binder rings hold pages in place.  I keep 9” x 12” stencil collections in albums roughly 12” x 12”  … and smaller binders house 6” x 6” and 4" x 4" stencils. In both binders I slip a sheet of paper into each page protector to keep stencils separated as well as easily visible.

To organize pages, I often label with sticky, repositionable index tabs.


Above:  I use this small binder for 6" x 6" stencils and 4" x 4" stencils. Stencils shown: (6” x 6”) s658 and S237 and (4” x 4”) M051.







Above:  I use this 12" x 12" binder for 9" x 12" stencils. 
Stencils shown
: Tangled Pods L344 and Two Fans L230. 





Above:  I store my closed binders vertically on a repurposed shelving unit.






Above:  My 12" x 12" binder is on the left and its smaller companion binder is on the right.


Supplies:

Organizing tabs --

https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=500+Pieces+Tabs+2+Inch+Sticky+Index+Tabs%2C+Writable+and+Repositionable

Page protectors -- https://www.scrapbook.com/store/uc-pp724287.html

3-ring album -- https://www.scrapbook.com/store/sbc-album-3702.html

A cheaper version of this approach to storing is to use rings without binders.  One example is here.  Other sizes are also available.

This second option allows more stencils to be bound together -- your only limit is the size of the rings.  This approach is cheaper than using binders, but the stored stencils may need to be stored horizontally on a shelf or in a drawer because they may be too floppy for vertical storage like mine. 

Thanks for stopping here today! To scroll thru the pages of my stencils and masks at StencilGirlProducts, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment