Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Similar Yet Different

 Making a series of prints with stencils and masks is always fun, especially for those who like to use Gelli Plates.  I feel the same way about the prints I make using a sponge brayer loaded with heavy-body acrylic paint.

To my eye, multiple prints that are similar would be mostly pointless by themselves, if it weren't for my next step (not yet shown here) -- whacking away with scissors, creating interesting shapes to be used in collage someday.

Below are some multiple, similar prints that are waiting for the scissors.  Altho similar to one another -- since all were made with 9" x 12" Kelp Forest L963 -- each of them leans toward individuality because I have varied the  backgrounds.






























My next post, tomorrow, will continue this theme, but with another of my three new kelp-inspired masks.  To scroll thru the pages of my stencils and masks at StencilGirlProducts.com, please start here.



No comments:

Post a Comment