Wednesday, May 2, 2018

New Small Pods ... TANGLED & DANGLED!


It's fun to play around with stencils to see what different looks can be achieved! 

The first image below began as a print made with my 9" x 12" stencil Facets.  My next step was to use Dangled Pods Small (6" x 6") and a sponge brayer loaded with heavy-body Titan Buff acrylic paint (by Golden Paints.)  I like the complexity of this art as well as the combination of two colors that I wouldn't normally use together.  The light value of the Titan Buff sets off the dark value of the purple, and vice versa.




For the piece below, I started with a white-and-gray Gelli Plate print, also made with my 9" x 12" stencil Facets.  Over this, I placed the 6" x 6" stencil Tangled Pods Small, and applied another sponge brayer loaded with heavy-body acrylic paint in a rich gold color.  Again, I'm pleased with the way the final product shows the best of both layers.





Tangled Pods Small  also loaned itself to the making of the print below.  Its background was paper coated with blue acrylic paint that shifted from medium to light blue.






Dangled Pods Small came back into play when I made the print below.  Its substrate was a page from an old calendar.  Since the calendar photo had a striped pattern going vertically, I decided to use this stencil to create another striped pattern, this one going horizontally.  I like the play of one against the other.  I also like this calendar page and will be looking for more like it!




Today's last print was made with Tangled Pods Small and heavy-body purple paint loaded onto a sponge brayer.  Here, the background was imagery I was developing back when I created the 9" x 12" stencil Boxed Vines.  The final version of that stencil was slightly different, as shown in the image below today's last print.




The stencil Boxed Vines:






The other 9" x 12" stencil used in today's post:

Facets ...




Thanks for visiting my blog today! 

To see the pages of my StencilGirl stencils, please check here.


No comments:

Post a Comment