Sunday, May 6, 2018

Pods Galore!


On April 25, when my new stencils (and one mask) were released at StencilGirlProducts.com, I posted several art samples I'd created using these new stencils.  One of them was this --







This was created with 6" x 6" Small Dangled Pods Stencil and 9" x 12" Tangled Pods Stencil.

After looking at this piece for awhile, I decided to layer translucent zinc white acrylic paint over the bottom and far-right areas.

Next, I chose a different set of colors and used them -- with Small Tangled Pods (6"x 6") stencil -- atop what had developed so far.  

My last step was to cut apart the newly stained Small Tangled Pods stencil and use two pieces as collage in two areas of the art --





I learned this technique from two other artists, Nancy Welch (reading the chapter Absentee Artist of her book Creative Paper Art) and Pat Dews (watching her DVD Designing Great Starts with Texture and Form.)

Altho I had the pleasure of meeting Pat Dews several years ago, I have not yet taken a live workshop with her.  This sad situation will be rectified in August, when she will be giving a three-day workshop in Island Heights, NJ.  Can't wait!  And I would have missed out on this opportunity if my friend Mary Ann Russo hadn't alerted me to it!

Thanks for visiting my blog today.

To see the pages of my StencilGirl stencils, please visit here.


No comments:

Post a Comment