Sunday, May 27, 2018

Trish McKinney


Trish McKinney has designed a lot of my favorite StencilGirl stencils.

The stencils by Trish that I used in developing today's mixed-media collage were Bare Wisteria, Delicate Bare Branch & Twigs and Looped Bare Wisteria Vine.

My first step was to use a technique in the Absentee Artist chapter of Creative Paper Art, by Nancy Welch.  This method is also included in Pat Dews' DVD Designing Great Starts with Texture and Form.

After those paints and shapes had dried, I cup up some of Trish's stained stencils and added them as collage pieces, using heavy matte medium.





This artwork, entitled Tanglewood, has been sold, but I still have this photo to remember it by.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

To see my 70+ StencilGirl stencils, please visit here.

No comments:

Post a Comment