Thursday, May 3, 2018

THISTLES SMALL (6" x 6") Stencil


Today's first art sample repeats a theme from yesterday's post, in that the background here was a previously printed paper (purple on yellow, created with the 9" x 12" stencil Facets.)  Over that, I used pink acrylic paint to make a print using Thistles Small (6" x 6".)




Switching to purple paint, I made another print with the same stencil, this time on a background that'd been developed with my 9" x 12" Mimosa Stencil.




With more of the purple paint, I used only part of 6" x 6" Thistles Small to make the print below, onto paper previously printed with my original Thistles Stencil, which measures 9" x 12".  (Strips of masking tape were put into play so that I could use only part of Thistles Small.)  This art sample illustrates one of the differences between the two thistle-themed stencils; Thistles Small has flowers and stalks that are larger than those on the 9" x 12" Thistles.




Below is a close-up detail of a Thistles Small print made on sheet music that had been coated with translucent green paint.





The 9" x 12" stencils used in today's post ...

Thistles ...




... and Mimosa Stencil ...



Above:  This stencil also comes in a 6" x 6" version.

... and Facets:



Thanks for visiting today!


To see the pages of my StencilGirl stencils, please check here.

No comments:

Post a Comment