Thursday, May 7, 2020

Continuing to Use Together 9" x 12" and 6" x 6" and 4" x 4" PALM FRONDS SILHOUETTE



My last post showed a full-size view and some close-up views of an artwork-in-progress.  Those early stages of development were created with cut-up pieces of L791 Palm Fronds Silhouette (9" x 12"); today's post travels past that point to highlight similar prints made as I continued working on the piece.  In today's photos, the prints are made with L791 Palm Fronds Silhouette in combination with Palm Fronds Silhouette Small (6"x 6") and Palm Fronds Silhouette Mini (4" x 4").

























After making the above prints, I started to add cut-up pieces of all three masks (stained with paint) to the artwork, now using them as collage pieces.  To help blend them into the background, I covered parts of them with ultra-thin, crumpled mulberry paper.  This paper started life as white, but I used a blend of matte medium liquid and acrylic paint to add them to the artwork while at the same time tinting them.  In addition to the mulberry paper, I began to use other papers as I moved from a piece of acrylic painting into mixed-media collage.





















This artwork that started as an acrylic painting has now segued into a mixed-media collage, yet to be completed.  I'm taking a break from working on it so I can come back to it with fresh eyes.

Thank you for coming to my blog today!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl masks and stencils, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment