Saturday, May 9, 2020

Using All 3 PALM FRONDS SILHOUETTE Masks Together


Since the release of 9" x 12" Palm Fronds Silhouette L791my palm-fronds series of masks now comes in three sizes --



Palm Fronds Silhouette Mini -- 4" x 4" 

Palm Fronds Silhouette Small -- 6" x 6" 

9" x 12" Palm Fronds Silhouette L791

I'd dreamed of using these three masks together ever since I started to design 9" x 12" L791 Palm Fronds Silhouette .  And now that this new mask is released, I'm delighted with the possibilities!  

And I've used all three in creating today's art project.  


My first step was to loosely make a print with L791 Palm Fronds Silhouette using black acrylic paint and dark brown acrylic ink on gallery-wrap stretched canvas.  Because I wanted a loose image, I diluted both media with generous amounts of water.







After that first layer dried, I placed both the smaller masks on the canvas and, again generous with the addition of water, created the image below with red acrylic paints and inks --






I could have gone in lots of different directions with this piece, but in the end I made an abrupt U-turn by covering most of the canvas with a layer of gold metallic acrylic paint.


I gave the gold paint time to dry and cure; then I got out scisssors, whacked apart several papers, and layered these bits together to form a collage on this shiny new background.

What I like about this finished piece is that the outlines of all three palm-fronds-themed masks are still clearly visible, peeking thru the paper-bits collaged over them.  Directly below is the entire piece; it's followed by close-up shots that more clearly show these outlines.







The three detailed close-up shots:














BTW, if some of the above collage papers look familiar, it's because I cut some of them from the original hand drawing that I'd made when designing my 9" x 12" mask Loopy Ladders....






Thank you for coming to see my blog today!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl masks and stencils, please start here.


No comments:

Post a Comment