Monday, May 18, 2020

PALM FRONDS SILHOUETTE L791 and Its 2 Smaller Versions


Today's first two artworks are part of a series I created on 12" x 12" stretched canvases, back when I was preparing to enter the juried process at my local art guild to see if I qualified for Exhibiting Membership.  (Yes, it turned out I qualified!)



My final touch in this collage was to glue on pieces of masks -- 9" x 12" Prayer Flags and Palm Fronds Silhouette Small (6" x 6") -- that were stained with black acrylic paints.




In creating these, two of the art-making tools that I used were my 9"x 12" mask Prayer Flags as well as my 6"x 6" Mimosa stencil.  

But the reason I'm sharing these pieces today is -- now that I've created a 9" x 12" version of L791 Palm Fronds Silhouette -- is that  I want to re-show art made with my other two in the series:  Palm Fronds Silhouette Small (6" x 6") and Palm Fronds Silhouette Mini (4"x 4"); I want to cast light on just some of the possibilities available with this palm fronds-inspired design.

I layed in these two backgrounds using Golden High Flow acrylics; after those colors had dried, I painted out some areas with liquid acrylics to work toward optimal composition.  

You can click on these two pieces to enlarge them and better see details.  What I've done with Palm Fronds Silhouette Small (6" x 6") and Palm Fronds Silhouette Mini (4"x 4") can now be done on a larger scale with 9" x 12" Palm Fronds Silhouette L791!

Even better, the three masks can be used together!  Below is another 12" x 12" stretched canvas, this one with a base layer of gold acrylic paints that bear imprints I made with L791 Palm Fronds Silhouette.  (Again, you can click on the photo to better see details.  The background details are subtle, but make for an enriched base surface.)








Above:  The top layer is made up of my smaller palm-series masks -- one Palm Fronds Silhouette Small (6" x 6") and two Palm Fronds Silhouette Mini (4"x 4") --  and these have been stained with red, black and gold acrylic paints.  

Below begins a series of artwork created with L791 Palm Fronds Silhouette alongside Palm Fronds Silhouette Mini (4"x 4").  The complexity of each image was achieved via multiple printing sessions.  Again, my goal here is to show how well the different sized palm fronds series stencils work together.












9" x 12" L791 Palm Fronds Silhouette looks like this--








Thanks for coming to check out my blog today!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment