Friday, June 23, 2023

CARNIVAL M340!

Inspired by the playful whimsy of collages created by Rex Reed, an artist of the movement called mid-century modern art, I designed two brand-new masks from StencilGirlProducts.com.   

Below: This patterned paper was developed using my two brand-new masks as well as -- in the upper left corner, the lower left corner and the far-right center -- a "mini-Fantasia" mask that's included in my 9" x 12" ATC Mixup Swatton #1 L768.  This Artist Trading Card-sized design is a miniature version of my 9" x 12" mask Fantasia L450.  Both "fantasia" designs stylize the circular shape; circles are also stylized by my two just-released masks.  So using them in combination brings unity to a finished composition.  (The art sample below isn't a finished composition; it's just a printed paper!)





Champagne s960 is my new 6" x 6" mask, and its brightly colored print peeks out at the bottom left, above.  

The third mask that I used above was my 4" x 4" Carnival m340.  This is the mask I chose for making the prints below.



Above:  This background paper had been part of an old painting.


 


Above: This background paper was pre-printed in a design based on circles, the same shape that I've stylized in designing this mask.





Above: This background paper was pre-printed by myself, some time ago. Its heart shape remains somewhat visible.  Can you see that heart?



Above: This background paper has a look of Carnival Holiday Brazil!  It's a purchased novelty paper splashed with assorted colors and spotted with metallic gold paint.  I made this print after I'd cut off the top of the original frame from my 4" x 4" mask Carnival m340.

Thanks bunches for visiting my blog today!  To scroll thru the pages of my stencils and masks at StencilGirlProducts.com, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment