Tuesday, June 6, 2023

One Week from Today...

 Two of my brand-new masks will be released one week from today -- June 13 -- at StencilGirlProducts.com.

Both were inspired by the collages of Rex Reed, an artist of the  artworld era that's labeled as the introduction of Mid-Century Modern.  Altho many associate this label with furniture and architecture, Mid-Century Modern art was also used for record album covers (Rex Reed did a number of those) as well as posters, book jackets and other forms of paper arts.




Above:    6" x 6" mask CHAMPAGNE s960




Above:  4" x 4" mask CARNIVAL m340


For a week or so I'll make daily posts starting June 13, giving step-by-step photos and corresponding directions for a number of art projects I've explored while using these new masks.  As always, I hope that the techniques to be presented here will stir up in readers new ideas that branch off -- and improve upon -- the ones that I come up with.



made with 6" x 6" mask CHAMPAGNE s960




Far right image above was printed with 4" x 4" mask CARNIVAL m340


In the upper left of the art sample above, I've also used Hot Air Balloon m185Altho Rex Ray's beautiful collages are my inspiration, I have come to see Carnival m340 as an image from a festive event, the kind of event that would include hot air balloons!

I look forward to June 13, to begin sharing my ideas on using these two new masks!

No comments:

Post a Comment