Sunday, June 25, 2023

Sparkle!

...is very hard to photograph!  Today I'll show 2 photos of the same piece. It's a print made with blue metallic acrylic paint on black cardstock; after the paint had dried, I'd added gold glitter glue.

The reason I'm showing both photos is so that in your imagination you can maybe cobble them together to get a fairly accurate idea as to what the piece actually looks like. 

 









The mask I've used is my 4" x 4" Carnival, a just-released design inspired by the work of Mid-Century Modern artist Rex Ray.

I also chose this mask to make a print on marbled paper using red acrylic paint.  Afterward, I had the same problem in trying to capture what the result really looks like.  That difficulty had a similar cause; the marbled paper had a black background but had been marbled with metallic inks.






But success did not elude me forever!  I made the print below on similar marbled paper, but this time my red acrylic paint was opaque, so only the shapes remained after the paint had been applied (with a sponge brayer.)





I chose this image combination because my 4" x 4" mask Carnival just seems to fit right in with the imagery of hot air balloons.

The balloon image on the left was made with the mask that's part of Hot Air Balloons S547The image on the right was printed using a mask that's included as part of Hot Air Balloons M185.

I used two of those masks once more in creating the art sample below.






Above:  I chose a background of color-splattered paper.  Over that I placed my two masks, then used a sponge brayer to apply a layer of heavy body pink acrylic paint (Medium Magenta by Golden Paints.)  A similar print could have been made on a Gelli Plate, as well.

Thanks for checking out my blog today!  To scroll thru the pages of my stencils and masks at StencilGirlProducts.com, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment