Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Patterned Papers - Part One

I'm ready to show what I've done with papers created using my homemade printing plate.  And, paired with them, other prints.

Below:  Getting ready to decorate the cover of a green composition book, I've cut strips of blue paper printed with my printing plate; I've also cut strips of green paper printed with my 6" x 6" mask s955 Bulbs and Banners....









Above:  I've chosen the strips that I want to glue to the cover of the book.  

Below:  I've glued the strips to the book cover and added a wood heart decorated with a leftover strip of green paper printed with my 6" x 6" mask s955 Bulbs and Banners --



Above:  The center paper strip was cut from paper printed with a homemade printing plate created using my just-released 4" x 4" mask Carnival M340.



Next, I'll show how I cover wood hearts to create embellishments....

Below: Strips of leftover printed papers, wood hearts and a gluestick.








Above:  I'm covering the face of a heart with glue.


Below: I've pressed the glue-covered heart face-down onto the back of a strip of printed paper.









Above:  After pressing hearts to the backs of leftover paper strips, I've covered each with a paperweight.  

Below:  I have used leftover papers and paper-covered wood hearts to decorate the cover of a greeting card.  (I could have used these elements to decorate a giftbag or an art journal cover.  The hearts alone can become refrigerator magnets with the addition of these.)







Above:  Another greeting card.


Papers printing with a homemade printing plate have even more uses; you readers will have a wider spread of ideas than those I've covered in today's post.

Thanks for stopping here today! To scroll thru the pages of my masks and stencils at StencilGirlProducts.com, please start here.

Daily posts will continue for a week or so as I explore more ideas for using my just-released masks, 6" x 6" Champagne s960 and 4" x 4" Carnival m340.




No comments:

Post a Comment