Monday, June 12, 2023

Tomorrow's the Day...

 Tomorrow, StencilGirlProducts.com will release two brand-new masks I've designed -- Champagne s960 (6" x 6") and Carnival m340 (4" x 4") -- both inspired by the wildly exciting artist Rex Ray, one of the artists associated with the art movement called Mid-Century Modern.  The best-known examples of this art style are represented by architecture and furniture. However, Mid-Century Modern art was also used for record album covers (Rex Reed did a number of those) as well as posters, book jackets and other forms of paper arts.

For a week or so, starting tomorrow, I'll post here daily to trot out techniques I've worked with in making art samples using these two new releases.  Step-by-step photos and directions will accompany most of the techniques; a few of the techniques will be self-explanatory. All have the same goal; they're basic ideas designed to excite imaginations for playing with these masks in ways that I have never even thought of.

Two of my art samples are --



Printed with Champagne s960 (6" x 6")

 


Printed with Carnival m340 (4" x 4") (Do you see the background heart?)


Tomorrow will bring the launch!

4 comments:

  1. Love, love, love Rex Ray's work and these new stencils! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kate! As you know, I especially value your feedback because you're lightyears ahead of me; I love your YouTube videos. I have ordered a used Rex Ray book, one that's different from the book I already have. But the book is slow in getting here! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding? You are THE designer! I covet your ability to design these stencils! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but I've watched your YouTube videos so I've seen at least one of your own unique stencils! :-)

      Delete