Wednesday, February 19, 2020

GINKGO Stencil in 6" x 6" Size and ATC Size


My recently-released ATC Mixup 1 and ATC Mixup 2 (each 9" x 12" and each containing 9 stencils, some with bonus masks) included (in ATC Mixup 2a design titled Ginkgo.  Inspired by my original 6"X 6" Ginkgo stencil -- 

6"X 6" Ginkgo stencil 

-- yet different in its size and in its composition, the ATC version has found its way into many of my recent art adventures....


Printed with brown acrylic paint on Chinese Joss Paper


Printed with red heavy-body acrylic paint on glossy black cardstock


Printed with acrylic paint on multi-color metallic giftwrap

Printed with red and gold metallic acrylic paints on black cardstock that I'd first brayered with metallic silver acrylic paint

Printed with gold metallic acrylic paint on black cardstock that I'd first brayered with metallic silver acrylic paint

Printed with red heavy-body acrylic paint on glossy black cardstock; then I outlined the shapes with glitter glue from Ranger Industries.

Printed with red heavy-body acrylic paint on glossy black cardstockthen, working thru the stencil, I added glass gel medium.

Soon I'll be using my original 6"X 6" Ginkgo stencil with the ATC Ginkgo stencil.  It'll be fun to see their prints mingling in an art project!

Meanwhile, today's post finishes with my sharing a creative, clever way the 6" x 6" original was used by encaustic artist Linda Robertson.   

Click on Linda's name above to see this artwork ... and notice that she also used another two StencilGirl stencils -- Lizzie Mayne's Tribal Hand and Terri Stegmiller's Waves 6.

Thanks for visiting here today!  To follow this blog by email, please use that option in the upper right sidebar. 

To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment