Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Tags as a Base for Stencil and Mask Use with ATC MIXUP 1 and ARC MIXUP 2


I've enjoyed using my new ATC Mixup 1 and ATC Mixup 2 with readymade tags.  After the tags are printed, they're ready to be mounted onto larger cardboards to become greeting card covers or gift-tags or bookmarks. 






The greeting cards above and below feature tags printed with Diagonal Mania from 9" x 12" ATC Mixup 1.




And the greeting card below began life with a tag that I printed with ATC Mixup 1's Fantasia.  After I'd tied ribbon thru the tag's top hole, I glued it to a background of textured gold cardstock.  This was added to black paper and the entire "sandwich" is now decorating a 6" x 6" bronze metallic greeting card.  The greeting card blanks come from JAMPaper.com.  The gold Dresden embossed foil (in the center of the Fantasia print) is available at Etsy and Amazon.  (I use AmazonSmile, which has all the same perks as regular Amazon, but also contributes to charities chosen by consumers.)




In today's line-up, the next tag (which became a bookmark) was printed with Unfurling Leaves, one of the 9 images included in ATC Mixup 1and highlighted with silver glitter glue as well as a strip of silver metallic paper.




The three tag-based art samples below were printed with Sprigs from ATC Mixup 2and the Sprigs design was inspired by my 6" x 6" mask Sprigs.











The tag below was started with a spreading of crackle paste thru the openings of Fern Fronds Silhouette, from ATC Mixup 2and the Fern Fronds Silhouette design was inspired by my 6" x 6" mask likewise titled Fern Fronds Silhouette.  After the paste had dried, I coated the tag with blue acrylic paint and built it into a collage with its near-complementary color, gold.  The collage is now a bookmark.




Many thanks for stopping at my blog today!  To follow the blog by email, please use that option in the upper right sidebar.  To scroll thru my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment