Saturday, February 29, 2020

THISTLES Stencils Now Come in 3 Sizes -- It's Fun to Use Them Together!

Now that my two ATC Mixup stencils are released, I now have 3 sizes of this flower (that some consider a weed!)  

ATC Mixup 2 (9" x 12" before being cut up)

Thistle (9" x 12")


Small Thistles (6" x 6")

My newest Thistle is sized for use in making Artist Trading Cards, but other art-making opportunities abound.

The first 3 photos below show artwork that give rough ideas as to what these three stencils can produce when used together.  "Rough ideas" because in making these first few art samples, I didn't use the ATC-sized Thistles directly.  Instead, I started by making a print (dark green in this case) on sturdy paper using my ATC-sized Thistles, then I scanned that print and enlarged the print in Photoshop; printed it; and cut out that print-out size.  This allowed me to finish the art as a mixed-media collage. 

However, the ATC Thistles do indeed differ in size from the first two Thistles in my series.  The proportions of those differences may not be 100 per cent accurate in these first 3 photos below, but they do serve today's purpose -- they give a sample of exciting possibilities open to the artist when she/he uses the three sizes together.

Above:  In the upper right is a stencil-print made with Small Thistles (6" x 6").  The central area was printed with Thistle (9" x 12").  The dark green print in the lower left was made with my ATC sized stencil, but not directly, as explained above.

Above:  In the background is a stencil-print made with with Thistle (9" x 12"). In the upper middle is a blue print made using  Small Thistles (6" x 6").  
The purple print in the lower right was made with my ATC sized stencil, in the indirect way explained above.
Above:  In the background is a stencil-print made with with Thistle (9" x 12"). In the center is a green print made using  Small Thistles (6" x 6").  
The pinkish-purple print in the lower right was made with my ATC sized stencil, in the indirect way explained above.

And of course the ATC-sized Thistle can be used independently:




















Thanks a lot for coming to see my blog today's post.  To follow this blog by email, please use that option in the upper right sidebar.  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.

No comments:

Post a Comment